By joining the team, you will:
- work as a part of a group, that supports financial regulations worldwide
- have a wide variety of daily tasks and you will be part of our international team located in Basel
- have contact and regular exposure to our colleagues from offices around the globe
- have flexible working scheme – a mix of home office and office presence
Purpose of the role:
The role of Administrative Secretary is about organising and coordinating Financial Stability Institute (FSI) outreach events, providing secretarial and administrative assistance to the FSI’s policy implementation work, supporting e-learning tool, assisting with the delivery of the Institute’s tasks as part of the Innovation BIS 2025 Strategy.
- Conduct the logistical organisation and coordination of FSI meetings, seminars, conferences and webinars held in Switzerland and abroad. This includes working closely with and under the direction of FSI staff having overall responsibility for individual events, communicating with speakers, participants, co-organisers and other internal and external parties. Actively contributing to the planning and delivery of the annual FSI programme of activities.
- Carry out secretarial and administrative tasks related to the FSI policy-related publications, assisting the FSI staff with administrative aspects of surveys, coordinating visits and interviews with relevant stakeholders, ensuring that all documents follow BIS formatting standards, and coordinating internal review and publication processes.
- Support the FSI Connect project by providing administrative support for subscribers and content development process, as it might be required.
- Assist FSI staff responsible for delivering the Institute’s tasks related to the Innovation BIS 2025 Strategy. This includes providing administrative support to the delivery of online courses and crisis management projects.
- Support the work of the FSI Chair, Deputy Chair and Head of Policy Benchmarking, as they might require.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Proven experience in administrative/secretarial tasks and in event organization (both in person and hybrid) and/or providing administrative/secretarial support to projects
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (word-processing, but also spreadsheet, e-mail, presentation and database software) and internet tools.
- Relevant experience in publication formatting (MS Word) would be advantageous
- Fluency in English (both speaking and writing) is crucial. Working knowledge on another major language would be an advantage.
- Excellent organisation and coordination skills as well as time management skills with attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and ability to work as a part of the team.
Who we are:
The Bank for International Settlements is a diverse and inclusive organisation with colleagues from over 60 countries. By joining our team, you will work in a unique, highly rewarding and international work environment. We truly value diversity and inclusion and want to reflect the world we serve. We want the best people to work for us in an inclusive environment so the applications are welcomed from all qualified candidates. We value equality and diversity in all its forms and one way we support diversity and inclusion is through our staff-run networks. You can discover more about diversity and inclusion at the BIS here .
What we offer:
In return, we offer a competitive compensation package, including a comprehensive set of expat and relocation benefits and allowances. In addition, thanks to our status as an international organization, we are able to hire globally and open to receive applications from candidates of all nationalities and located anywhere in the world.
Please note, that this role is 80% workload.